Friday, June 11, 2010

BP Execs Should Be Treated Like Criminals - My Letter to the Editor - YourNabe.com

Read original...

Tony Hayward, CEO of BP, has come under fire for his company's handling of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. AP Photo/Gerald Herbert

Dear Editor;

I am writing to share two thoughts with your readership about the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico:

1. Imagine what would have happened if environmental activists had entered British Petroleum’s offices and thrown two buckets of seawater on its carpeting. It is my belief they would have been arrested as terrorists and would be sitting in jail right now.

2. I hope the Obama administration and the U.S. Department of Justice know you cannot spell the word “suBPoena” without “BP.”

I believe the executives at BP involved with this disaster in the Gulf of Mexico are criminals of the first order, and should be treated as the environmental terrorists they are and should spend a lot of time in jail.

David M. Quintana
Ozone Park