Sunday, April 29, 2007

NY Post: Prez Pen Pal a B'klyn Kid, 10...by David Andreatta, Education Reporter...

April 28, 2007 -- When 10-year-old Tyler Pawlukiewicz wrote President Bush telling him he was all wrong on Iraq, the last thing the Brooklyn fifth-grader expected was a response.

And it was the furthest thing from his mind when the principal at PS 31 called him down to her office this week - until she presented him with a personal letter from the commander-in-chief thanking him for his suggestions.

"I was thinking it was all a joke. I didn't think he would write back," Tyler said. "I thought I was in trouble and that I did something wrong."

In his letter to the president, written for a social studies assignment, Tyler said that the plan to deploy 30,000 more troops to Iraq was "not fair" and that the money to send them would be better spent on education.

Read more...