Wednesday, October 22, 2008

IHOP - International House of Pancakes Opens in Ozone Park on Tuesday October 21st...


The International House of Pancakes officially opened on Liberty Avenue in Ozone Park yesterday...


I walked over to IHoP after lunch hour, at about 2 pm, I was cheerfully greeter by the hostess and immediately seated in a comfortable booth near the windows...The restaurant has a large inviting dining room...it has a very bright decor, it is well-lit and staffed adequately...


My server, Mari, quickly came over to take my order, I enjoyed a large stack of pancakes and some coffee...Despite an initial mix-up as to how many pancakes were supposed to be served, the waitress brought me three pancakes but the menu called for five pancakes, this was quickly fixed by an IHoP employee who was in hand from their corporate offices as a team trainer...



The order was prepared and served within five minutes...the small problem with portioning aside - It was their first day of business, afterall, my three pancakes were served hot and were delicious...There were three pancakes with each subsequent re-order - I had a total of nine pancakes with plenty of butter and warm maple syrup ...


During my meal, Brian, the floor manager stopped by my table a few times to make sure everything was alright...he was very friendly and accommodating, pouring me a cup of coffee and bringing me additional napkins and milk...There was a relaxed atmosphere and the staff didn't rush people through their meals...



On my way out another manager, Marian, saw me taking photographs and asked if I had any questions that she could assist me with, she was very friendly and helpful...

I would recommend that others visit this IHoP for an enjoyable atmosphere and a hearty meal...