Thursday, January 14, 2010

NYS Senator Joseph P. Addabbo, Jr., Statement on the Haiti Earthquake and Relief Efforts

NYS Senator Joseph P. Addabbo, Jr., released the following statement on the devastating earthquake in Haiti and ongoing relief efforts:

"My heartfelt prayers go out to the families and loved ones of people in my district, more specifically from the South Ozone Park and greater Richmond Hill, Ridgewood and Woodhaven areas, who were affected by this horrific earthquake in Haiti. My staff and I will continue to monitor the situation in Haiti and work with relief organizations and other local elected officials on behalf of those Haitian families, to help with information about the rescue and recovery efforts. The American Red Cross, with whom I have been in contact, has already released $1 million for immediate response action. I urge my constituents to make donations of money, food, water, blankets, clothing, to the relief efforts. Donors may call 1-800-733-2767, or visit this Red Cross chapter Web site: www.nyredcross.org.”

For more information on how to help the disaster victims in Haiti, call the Senator’s Howard Beach district office at 718-738-1111.