Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Statement from City Council Member Elizabeth Crowley on the Ridgewood Reservoir...


“I am grateful that I was able to attend and participate in the Ridgewood Reservoir planning meeting this week, and I was pleased to see so many community members in attendance. If we are serious about protecting our Wetlands and about restoring our parks, I believe we have an opportunity with the Ridgewood Reservoir, particularly in regards to environmental education for our kids. This natural habitat is the City’s unknown jewel and preserving it would significantly improve the quality of life for those surrounding the property in Queens and in Brooklyn. I look forward to working with the Parks Department, PlaNYC and community members to ensure that the proper plan is implemented for our families and local residents.”