Monday, June 9, 2008

StreetFilms » Tour de Queens 2008 Video

Read original....

I registered to attend this event but due to mechanical difficulties with my seldom used bicycle that occurred last Friday I was unable to make it but I am already looking forward to next years event...Back in my younger (and thinner) days I was an avid bicyclist, though it might be hard to tell now...I think it's important that our great city have more bicycle lanes, especially in light of rising gas prices and it's impact on middle class New Yorkers...



Not even the heat and humidity of a sizzling 96 degree day could keep nearly 500 people from pedaling the inaugural Tour de Queens. The beautiful, family-friendly course - which hugged much of the northwest perimeter of the borough - was put together by the Queens Transportation Alternatives Committee and featured “lots of smiles per hour.” Highlights included: a very bike-friendly Queens Museum of Art (which also showed some Streetfilms) and a briefly ironic moment where it looked like riders were queuing up for $4.25 per gallon gas!