Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Work 'Til We Die - YouTube
Check out www.worktilwedie.org to join the fight
1) Social Security did not cause the federal deficit; its benefits should not be cut to reduce the deficit.
2) Social Security should not be privatized in whole or in part.
3) Social Security should not be means-tested.
4) Congress should act in the coming few years to close Social Security’s funding gap by requiring those who are most able to afford it to pay somewhat more.
5) Social Security’s retirement age, already scheduled to increase from 65 to 67, should not be raised further.
6) Social Security’s benefits should not be reduced, including by changes to the COLA or the benefit formula.
7) Social Security’s benefits should be increased for those who are most disadvantaged.