Thursday, June 16, 2011

Statements on Congressman Anthony Weiner's Announcement of his Resignation from New York Congressional Colleagues


Statement from Rep. Joe Crowley on Weiner Resignation

Anthony has been a strong advocate for his community and an influential legislator. Although I was deeply disappointed in his behavior, this is a sad way to end his congressional service. I know Anthony and Huma well and I know brighter days are ahead for them and their family. I wish them the best during what is surely a difficult time in their lives.”

Statement from Rep. Edolphus “Ed” Towns on Weiner Resignation

“Despite his personal problems, Congressman Weiner was an extremely effective lawmaker who had a positive impact on his constituents and the nation as a whole. He championed many causes, and was tireless in his efforts to make life better for all Americans. His voice will be missed. My heart goes out to Anthony Weiner and his family at this difficult time and I hope forgiveness and reconciliation rules the day. I wish them only the best”.

Congressman Gregory W. Meeks Statement on Congressman Anthony Weiner Resignation

Congressman Gregory W. Meeks (NY-6), Senior Member of the House Financial Services Committee and House Foreign Affairs Committee, released the following statement in regards to Congressman Anthony Weiner’s announcement of his resignation:

This is a sad day, but Anthony has made the right decision for himself, his family and the Democratic Party. He will be sorely missed by me and his constituents. I wish him the best.